Xbox One Rumors Go Critical This Week
Plus: Halo Anthology Coming to X1?
We have been positively slammed by Xbox rumors. If not slammed, then definitely shaken about. We’re used to leaks. Some of us inter-tube journalists are expert at making articles sail on leaks. But this is no mere leak. This is a goddamn deluge.
The leaker in question is one ntkrnl, a NeoGAF knight and supposed legitimate insider (Bish-verified… if that means more to you than it does to me) unafraid of ripping open the pinata of Microsoft secrets because “talking about it ahead of time isn’t going to hurt anything.” Here be ntkrnl’s harmless truths which Microsoft is looking to take legal action over:
- Halo 2 Anniversary is arriving Nov. 11th. Saber Interactive and Certain Affinity, 343’s wingmen on the first Halo Anniversary, are once again remaking the Chief’s past. The game will have two SKU’s: a Collector’s Edition featuring beta access to Halo 5 and episodes of a Halo-based “real-time” show not related to the Spielberg/Bloomkamp project; and a War Collection with all of the above plus Halo 3 and 4 ported (not remade) for the Xbox One.
- Halo 5 drops Fall 2015. Yeah.
- Forza Horizon 2, Forza’s open-world cousin, is heading to X1 “probably September.” Said to feature 1080p resolution and loads of social integration (which is the tread on every modern day racer).
- Crackdown 3 is in development… but won’t come out until the distant future of 2016. Ruffian Games isn’t developing, however.
- Sunset Overdrive hits Fall 2014, Quantum Break lands Holiday 2014, and Fable Legends drops Summer 2015.
- Titanfall DLC will be made available a month and a half after release with more incoming after that. Plus, a fancy bundle with game and custom console/controller is on cards. Here, lookit.
- The previously “Dev Team Only” white Xbox One will be made available to the public later this year.
- A cheaper Xbox One unit will launch with a Bluetooth adapter and possibly without an optical disc drive. And, for a limited time, a 1TB model will go on the market.
Now, that last rumor has an addendum. A “well-respected source” has confirmed to VG247 that Microsoft has already reached out to publishing partners about a newer model of Xbox One. This Bluetooth-ful, disc-less business, however, remains unconfirmed, but the source did say the new unit would retail for a lower price than the current model.
The fact that, amongst this barrage of rumor mongering, an outside source was able to confirm one of ntkrnl’s bigger bombshells lends some weight to the rest of their bullet-points. This individual is beyond fired if the Big M ever finds him or her out, of course, but they’ll have gone down swinging.
Check out the user’s hull of leaks hereabouts.